Top 20 Things I never Thought I’d End Up Doing
(But My Disease Made Me Do)
I enjoy writing. And hopefully, those of you who read my posts enjoy them. But I realize that a lot of them are serious in nature due to the topic I choose to write about. Bringing awareness to Chronic Illnesses in general and Sjogren’s Syndrome in particular has become a bit of a calling for me. I advocated for those with disabilities and gave a voice to the voiceless while I had a career, I like to think that I am now lending my words to the millions out there who suffer like I do but don’t know how to explain it their friends and family.
But after writing so many serious posts, even the ones with humor in them, I thought I’d try to lighten it up a bit. So here’s my top 20 list of things I never thought I’d do. EVER! Enjoy…
- Nearly choke on a small piece of cheese during my wedding photos. (guess who ended up drinking more communion wine?..)
- Con my toddlers into giving me backrubs by telling them we were going to play cars and I was the mountain the cars had to go over to get to the town.
- Drive around swathed in 2 yards of gauze fabric in the summer along with huge sunglasses. (The looks I got…)
- Trip on dust.
- Empty my purse at the store looking for my debit card have 12 medicine bottles spill onto the counter. (Again, The looks I got…)
- Forget stuff. Like Josh is not the dog...
- Sit outside in the summer wearing sunscreen, long sleeves, sunglasses, a gauze blanket, and holding an umbrella while in the shade. (Yeah, my kids’ baseball games. SMH)
- Match the color of my blush to the color of my facial rash, just in case.
- Crawl around on the bedroom floor looking for pills.
- Greet my son and his friends with a full syringe in one hand and empty vial in another as they burst into the house.
- Have someone call the cops on me because I ran out of gas but I must have looked so bad that she thought I was having a medical emergency. (I was in a lot of pain)
- Have to carry a Doctor’s note for my water bottle. And actually have use it.
- Have my multiple bottles of eyedrops confiscated at a concert. (I swear the guy thought I was a dealer!)
- Wear gloves. Everywhere. All year long. (Bed too...)
- Forget stuff. (Did I mention that already?)
- Make noise walking up stairs. With my knees. (It scares the cat)
- Break a tooth chewing gum designed to strengthen teeth.
- Give the phlebotomist directions to my vein.
- Stop using knives. (Ya’ know, after that first one goes flying…)
- Get mistaken for being drunk walking down the hall.
Well, There’s my top 20. Some of you will relate, some won’t. But I hope all of you will LAUGH!!